Introduction to Fundraising
Wednesday 14th February, 2018 – Blackpool
Are you new to the sector and looking to improve and develop your understanding and knowledge of fundraising? The Introduction to Fundraising course offers you a practical introduction to the profession covering basic principles and best practice.
Who is this course for?
This one-day course is for individuals who may have less than six months fundraising experience and want to improve their current understanding. Itâ€™s designed for individuals new to a paid-for role involving fundraising but equally relevant for volunteers and trustees who need to expand their knowledge of fundraising. Itâ€™s also suitable for people who are not yet working in the sector or considering a career change into fundraising.
What are the benefits to you and your organisation?
By attending this course you will gain increased confidence through your improved knowledge and understanding of fundraising. This will help you develop your fundraising practice. You will have a better understanding of the fundamentals of why and how donors and supporters give, and have insight into how you can measure the success of your activities. Crucially you will also find out more about the legal requirements and standards which apply to fundraising and the role and importance of the independent Fundraising Regulator and Code of Practice.
What will you learn?
- The role of fundraising in your organisation and the wider non-profit environment
- How to ensure your fundraising is legal and ethical
- How to analyse the impact of the fundraising environment on your fundraising practice
- Understanding of the fundraising planning process and your role within it
- How to compare different sources of funding for your organisation
- How to create appropriate supporter communications, designed to develop relationships
A fee of £75 per course place payable via the Eventbrite.
Special membership offer for course attendees
Introduction to Fundraising attendees benefit from a special IoF Individual Member discounted joining rate of just Â£85 (a saving of Â£41 from Apr 1st 2017) for the first year. If you have any queries please call our Membership team on 020 7840 1010 or email email@example.com